Monday, January 19, 2009

Beach Fun

Early Saturday morning Cary dropped Gavin, Grandma B and me off at the airport so we could head for my happy place...aka Cancun! We met Rob, Peg and the kids at the airport and we were off! The flight went pretty smooth, and Gavin was a wiggly, but good little boy on the plane. The first couple of days were very nice and sunny and we spent time enjoying the beach and the pool. Gavin loved playing in the sand (and eating it), and splashing in the waves. At this point he is more of a beach guy than a pool boy! Unfortunatly the last few days of our vacation were windy, cloudy and one day even rainy! While it did alter our plans a bit, we managed to find things to do and enjoyed spending time with our family. Besides...it was -20 and home and we didn't have to go to work...who could complain about that? The best part, getting to spend a whole week with my little man! I know I posted A LOT of pictures this time...but I couldn't decide which ones to use...




This is my new favorite photo



I'm pretty sure Gavin ate handfuls of sand







G loves spending time with Grandma B...and I'm pretty sure she feels the same




Besides spending time at the beach and pool...we managed to enjoy some very nice meals. One night we went on a double date to Ruth's Chris steakhouse...mom and I went for an early dinner and when we got back Rob and Peg went for the late shift!


Mom and I heading out for our date




We also had some fun times in the room...Will, Ella and Matthew were big helpers with Gavin, Ella read to Gavin and Will loved to chase him around. We also managed to play quite a few card games...even teaching Will to play Solitare and Cribbage.




Here comes TROUBLE


G loves his toothbrush...


He thought it would be a good idea to use it to clean Will's crocs (no he did not put it in his mouth after scrubbing Will's shoe!)



Grandma B loved hanging out with all of her grandchildren...and they love spending time with her!
At the end of the week we were sad to leave, but we were happy to go home and see Daddy...and he was ready to have us home too! I was a little nervous about G and I flying home alone, but he did great and we managed just fine! It was nice to get home...even though it was freezing cold here!

Bye Bye Cancun! We hope to come back again soon!








2 comments:

Kristi, Dan & Liam said...

The pictures are great! I love your new favorite one of Gavin too. Looking at those beach pics makes me wonder when it's okay to take an infant someplace warm???

Heather said...

Grandma B has a HOT bikini bod! Looks like fun, too bad the weather wasn't a little better. The Cancun water and sand looks beautiful still. Thanks for the packing tips! G looks like quite the digger in the sand!